Galena Steakhouse Covid-Safe House Policy
As a group,
Galena Steakhouse are taking every possible preventative measure to ensure that guests, staff are protected from potential transmission of COVID-19.
All possible preventive measures are taken to ensure no transmission of the COVID-19 virus from Staff to/from Guest, Guest to Guest, Staff to Staff, and Contractor/Supplier to/from Staff.
To ensure maximum precautions are always taken, presume all persons are asymptomatic with the COVID-19 virus at all times.
KEY PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
- • For each shift, a trained Covid-Safe Officer is appointed for both FOH & BOH to oversee and enforce all Fink Covid-Safe House Policies
• Daily recording of staff attendance, guest contact details and attendance, cleaning checks, visitors register
• Daily reports and records to be kept on file for a minimum of 28 days
• All staff to complete Covid-Safe House Policy training before commencing first shift back to work
• Regular monitoring of Australian Govt Health websites to ensure the latest advice is taken into consideration
• Touchless sanitizer dispensers installed at restaurant entry/exit, outside guest bathrooms and staff bathrooms/changerooms, and staff work areas
• Hand washing facilities readily available within guest bathrooms, staff bathrooms and staff work areas
• Food menus: single use disposable food menus or physical menu sanitized after each use
• Beverage and wine menus: QR codes to access online lists or physical lists sanitized after each use
• Single use linen napkins and table cloths
• Masks to be worn at all times by staff
• All staff to wash and sanitize hands prior to clocking in/out for all shifts and breaks
• All staff to wash and sanitize hands before and after eating, sneezing, coughing, handling rubbish, handling guest glassware, crockery, or cutlery, handling cash, or receiving a delivery of goods
• Where possible, all staff to wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds every 30 minutes
• All staff to avoid skin-to-skin contact with guests and other staff, for example, no handshakes
• All staff are to observe 1.5m social distancing whenever possible
RESTAURANT SEATING CONFIGURATION
• For indoor dining, ensure the premises is sufficient to allow for 4m² of space for each person, including staff
• For outdoor dining, ensure the premises is sufficient to allow for 4m² of space for each person, including staff
• Where possible, a distance of 1.5m required between bookings/tables, measured from table edge to table edge
• No maximum number of guests per table or booking
CLEANING & SANITIZING
Daily professional cleaning of the restaurant in its entirety.
Ongoing cleaning during restaurant service periods:
• Staff and guest bathrooms – at 60 minute intervals – sanitizing of all surfaces
• High touch areas – at 60 minute intervals – sanitizing of all surfaces, i.e. doors, handrails, etc.
• Tables/chairs – sanitize after each guest seating
• Table condiments – on request only, sanitized after each use
• EFTPOS terminals – sanitize after each use
Commercial dish and glass washers – wash cycle set to a minimum of 65-71 degrees, sanitization cycle 82 degrees.
• Electronic payment only accepted
• Cash transactions – avoid where possible
• Fink Covid-Safe House Policy
• Hand washing and sanitizing instructions
• Social distancing instructions
• COVID-19 symptoms information
• Condition of Entry information
• Stop the Spread
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entry denied if COVID-19 symptoms are evident or if the following conditions are not met.
• Confidential contact details collected via NSW Services App for all guests required upon entry to the premises
• Confidential contact details collected via NSW Services App for all staff required upon starting each shift
• All staff to undergo a temperature check upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 37.5°C or higher will be refused entry and referred to a Covid-19 testing facility
Delivery Drivers/ Sales Reps/ Tradesmen
- • Confidential contact details collected via NSW Services App for all non-staff and guests required upon entry to the premises
Where possible, staff roles will be allocated to prevent cross contamination, defined as either Pre-Guest or Post-Guest tasks.
All activity prior to guest touching an item
i.e. untouched glassware, cutlery, food, menus.
Pre-Guest duties include:
• meet, greet and seat guests
• menu ordering
• delivery food and beverage
• unstack dish or glass washer
All activity after a guest touches an item
i.e. used glassware, plates, cutlery, menus.
Post-Guest duties include:
• clearing tables
• stack dish or glass washer
• EFTPOS payments
• cash transactions